Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cece on the FRONT PAGE of the NY Times



As I walked to the beach this morning...I passed a news stand & saw the front page of the NY Times – there she is Cece Nealon-Shapiro, featured for being adopted from China & now celebrating her 13th Birthday & Bat Mitzvah!

Cece was one of my 1st students at Next Generation Yoga & studied with me for 4+ years! I remember her fondly, as she & her friends from Rodeph Shalom School (UWS) were a consistent, strong focused group of yoginis!
I have recently bumped into Mary & Vivian, her parents, on the street in NYC & learned that Cece continues to thrive in school, extra-curricular activities and has MANY friends. She is SO loved by her family, a truly SPECIAL youth – which is why she made the front page of the NY Times.

You can read about her here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/08/nyregion/08batmitzvah.html


Or watch a video clip about her here: http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=d16d953534fc2024e7106436011f78923f85452e

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?