Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Del Mar Fair




Since driving home on the 5 last night past the Del Mar Fair, I wanted to go. July 4th is the last day then comes the horse track!

This morning at Yoga practice, I connected with Emily & her daughter to go this afternoon - just for 2 1/2 hours, since they had other commitments.

$12 admission for adults, kids are free, we bought 30 tickets for rides at $20 - that's only about 5 rides worth. I went on an oldie & a goodie: Tilt a Whirl.

Sage enrolled me in going on a roller coaster - post "spiral fry's" - yuk! I hated the roller coaster! My mom almost fell out of a roller coaster in Coney Island, and that was the thought on my mind the whole time. It was crazy scary!

Best part of teh whole day was hugging Evan! YEP! He was wearing a shirt that said: FREE HUGS - we shared a hug, of course! How cool, 12 yr. old boy wearing such a bold statement!

The Del Mar Fair, or any amusement park type place is to kids what Vegas is to adults. Instead of betting, they have games - where you can win toys, stuffed animals vs. money. Drinks in Vegas are like the junk food at the fair. Both are money suckers, sin-city-ish yet a lot of fun!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?