Friday, August 17, 2007

Save Cardiff




I have known it since I moved here...but got so thrilled today about what a gemstone of a place I am living in: Cardiff by the Sea. Despite that there is 1 starbucks, the vibe is super friendly, positive and laid back. Founded in 1911, its one of the few authentic, rootsy, surfer beach towns left. I love it, since I am either barefoot or in flip flops all day long!

Sadly, I learned today that Cardiff is in danger!! There is a Specific Plan for its adorable, cute landmarked downtown 6 block area to be rebuilt with residential units on top of commercial/office/professional structures. Yucky! Like most, Id hate to see that happen. That means losing its unique charm, character & community feel!

Save Cardiff by the Sea!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?