Sunday, July 20, 2008


I never thought I would say it, but I am looking forward to summer being over. Actually, what I'm really looking forward to are the beaches here in Encinitas to get quiet again, when they aren't so crowded and packed with summer travelers. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, or attached to what isn't even mine...it's just that everything feels so congested, crowded, and busy during these summer months in San Diego. Of course it makes sense, and I get that it is the duality of living in one of the most beautiful places in the country.

This weekend, I stayed clear of the beaches and was blessed to spend time in the garden, and with good friends at home. We ate delicious home grown meals and laughed hysterically. I feel a strong sense of community and support in this town, even amidst the summer tourism.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?