Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ganesha


David returned from the Dominican Republic with a precious gift, for us to share. Instead of just giving it to me, he created an intimate ceremony...sitting in easy crossed legged pose, palms face up, eyes closed, we went in to meditation. After at least 10 minutes, he placed the new treasure in my hands, and requested we keep our eyes closed. His hands joined mine, and without any idea of what this gift was, together we poured our love into this "thing." I had no clue what it could be, and that didn't stop me from giving 100% love.

After another 10 minutes or more, without direction, David and I made eye contact. I hadn't even looked at the gift yet, I was full of love and intimacy.

Ganesha is a Hindu God in the form of an elephant. He is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is worshipped as the god of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth. He is here to protect us as we embark on a life together. David & I are moving in together, and Ganesha is here to protect us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?