Sunday, January 31, 2010

Im Down With You

I am so moved & inspired by this project: I'm Down with You!

When I was in High School, before I "could" graduate, I was required do community service. My offering was to volunteer with enlightened souls at the Stepping Stones School for pre-schoolers with Down Syndrome. This experience changed my life! It was a divine message about my career path. I became a Special Education Teacher which led me to Yoga for the Special Child. In 1998 I started Next Generation Yoga for kids, when I first focused on teaching those with Autism, Down Syndrome, ADHD, QRSTUV :-)

Today I have felt a familiar calling...to get back to spending time with kids with special needs, particularly those with Downs.

On Saturday, I was graciously invited to the I'm Down with You set by the filmmaker, Lubosh. What a beautiful project this is! The kids were so joyful, soulful, in the present moment, confident and loving, all that from just an extra chromosome.

Check out this clip of what is yet to come!!
Picture of the yummy 6 week old Jeremy Elan. His parents were so authentically raw.

Comments:
Thanks for your support of the special needs community! Our daughter, who has Down syndrome, also has a sibling with PDD, and they LOVE watching your yoga classes On Demand! They ask for it 2-3 times a day and are now getting yoga mats/outfits for their birthdays! Thank you for introducing yoga to the youthful generations of tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?